Mercury retrograde, we meet again. Not many people who are tuned into the energy of the universe enjoy Mercury retrograde; it's a time when seemingly unnecessary upsets occur and can throw a lot of things off balance. Not convenient.. But this time, we have come prepared with all the tools, tips and tricks available to put you in the best energy to have a beautiful Mercury retrograde period.
SO.. what's a retrograde anyway and what does it mean for me?
When a planet is in retrograde, it means that it is going backwards. This isn't really the case for Mercury - the planet is just slowing down, giving the optical illusion of a backwards transit. For instance, when you're driving on the freeway and passing a slower car, it appears to be going backwards; we all know that this isn't true – you are just going faster.
In astrology, Mercury is the planet of communication, information and expression. When in retrograde, Mercury causes havoc and unrest in these areas. For instance: in communication with others, you may be misunderstood and you may very well misunderstand others; technology is likely to glitch; and be prepared for confusion to be in the air. Traffic is likely to worsen, and if you need to travel, beware of potential disturbances to your itinerary. You may not understand new concepts very well during this time; this is thanks to the mental fog that we will all feel at some point or another during this retrograde.
During this Mercury retrograde, you will feel drawn to your past. You will find yourself going over certain elements of your past. It's a great time to catch up with old friends who you haven't seen in a while; or even reignite the creative project you started working on in lockdown, perhaps. You will want to complete what you started, but did not finish in the past. Engaging with people and activities from the past will feel nostalgic – just be careful not to romanticise it too much, but remember to enjoy yourself.
Here's some tips to have a smooth Mercury retrograde:
- Don't rush your communication with others. There is time, and you're allowed to take a moment to pause before responding.
- Be open to repeating yourself, and even try to explain yourself in a different way so that others may understand you better.
- Triple check all important communication before sending.
- Confirm the details of all appointments/meetings.
- Avoid signing legal documents/contracts until Mercury goes direct. If you can't avoid it, read over it multiple times, and even get a second pair of eyes to read over the document, if it's appropriate.
- Have your mode of transport serviced, if applicable.
- Plan out your drive/travel before any appointments, to ensure you leave early enough to counteract any potential delays.
- Be prepared to wait longer for your online orders to arrive through postal services.
- If you are going on a holiday, ensure that you cross your t's and dot your i's - be alert, aware and early!
- Work on your to-do list – getting a whole heap of backlogged work done will feel refreshing.
- Back up any details that you have stored digitally (contacts, documents, calendars etc).
- Let go of the past that no longer serves you.
If you need a bit more support – which many of us do during this time – we have it for you! Our Mercury Retrograde Survival Kit is available for you now! The purpose of this kit is to help you work with the energy of the universe at this given time. These tools are targeted towards supporting your throat, root and heart chakra through the ebb and flow of this retrograde period.
Here's how this kit will be your support system during this Mercury Retrograde:
- Aquarius will prime and ground you in the energy of this zodiac season. Inspiring you to focus on you, and your individual endeavours.
- The Emperor and Lapis Lazuli will help to target your throat charka and enhance communication and understanding.
- Lapis Lazuli will enhance one's thirst for knowledge, understanding and truth. It also helps to enhance memory, learning and overall cognitive function.
- Self Love Bath Soak will help to ground your energy during this retrograde. Getting in/around water will help to cleanse you and your aura from negativity that may be inhibiting your growth.
- Self Love Bath Soak and Jade will help you to stay in your heart space, and keep a sense of calm during a time that may feel turbulent.
- If you need to travel, Jade will assist with all matters relating to movement (including traffic) and Red Aventurine will protect against road accidents.
- Red Aventurine assists in picking up your energy if you're feeling let down or lethargic.
- Both Red Aventurine and Print Jasper want to inspire you to take determined action towards what matters to you – to persevere during the tough times.
- Print Jasper enhances clarity of mind, and if you're feeling confused, meditating with this stone will help you to stay focused and on the right path.
Use these tools with the intention of healing, clarity and peace.
ALL IN ALL... Mercury retrograde is, generally, a sh*t time for everyone. Those that move forward during this time are patient, and attentive to their own needs. They avoid arguments with others and allow things to flow without focusing too much on the perceived negatives. They spiritually protect themselves and put themselves in optimal energy through self care and meditation. Our kit has all of the tools that you need to keep yourself calm, centred and spiritually aligned. This is not a utopia, this is possible – it is only one decision away.
You're welcome x