Mercury retrograde, we meet again.
Not many people who are tuned into the energy of the universe enjoy Mercury retrograde; it's a time when seemingly unnecessary upsets occur and can throw a lot of things off balance – which is not convenient.. But this time, we have come prepared with all the tools, tips and tricks available to put you in the best energy to have a beautiful (and successful) Mercury retrograde period.
SO.. what's a retrograde anyway and what does it mean for me?
When a planet is in retrograde, it means that it is going backwards. This isn't really the case for Mercury - the planet is just slowing down, giving the optical illusion of a backwards transit. For instance, when you're driving on the freeway and passing a slower car, it appears to be going backwards; we all know that this isn't true – you are just going faster.
In astrology, Mercury is the planet of technology, communication, information and expression. When in retrograde, Mercury causes havoc and unrest in these areas.
For example: in communication with others, you may be misunderstood and you may misunderstand others; technology is likely to glitch; and confusion will be in the air. Traffic is likely to worsen, and if you need to travel, beware of potential disturbances to your itinerary. You may need some extra time to understand new concepts during this time – due to the mental fog that we will all feel at some point during this retrograde. Be prepared to go over a few things in late June once the shadow period is over.
During a Mercury retrograde, you will feel drawn to the past. You will find yourself going back over certain elements of your life. It's a great time to catch up with old friends who you haven't seen in a while; or even reignite the creative project you started working on prior, perhaps. You will feel the need to complete what you started, but did not finish. Engaging with people and activities from the past will feel nostalgic – just be careful not to romanticise it too much, but remember to enjoy yourself.
Here's some tips to have a smooth Mercury retrograde:
- Don't rush your communication with others. There is time, and you're allowed to take a moment to pause before responding.
- Be open to repeating yourself, and even try to explain yourself in a different way so that others may understand you better.
- Triple check all important communication before sending.
- Confirm the details of all appointments/meetings.
- Avoid signing legal documents/contracts until Mercury goes direct. If you can't avoid it, read over it multiple times, and even get a second pair of eyes to read over the document, if it's appropriate.
- Have your mode of transport serviced, if applicable.
- Plan out your drive/travel before any appointments, to ensure you leave early enough to counteract any potential delays.
- Be prepared to wait longer for your online orders to arrive through postal services.
- If you are going on a holiday, ensure that you cross your t's and dot your i's - be alert, aware and early!
- Work on your to-do list – getting a whole heap of backlogged work done will feel refreshing.
- Back up any details that you have stored digitally (contacts, documents, calendars etc).
- Let go of the past that no longer serves you.
If you need a bit more support – which many of us do during this time – we have it for you! Our Mercury Retrograde Survival Kit is available for you now! The purpose of this kit is to help you work with the energy of the universe at this given time. These tools are targeted towards supporting your throat and third eye chakras through the ebb and flow of this retrograde period.
Use these tools with the intention of healing, clarity and peace. There is no right or wrong way to use them. If you want to light them while you do housework or during a bath – go for it; or if you want to create an elaborate ritual for yourself, that's great too. The main focus of any and all energy work is intent, and then taking real world action.
ALL IN ALL... Mercury retrograde is, generally, a sh*t time for everyone. Those that move forward during this time are patient, and attentive to their own needs. They avoid arguments with others and allow things to flow without focusing too much on the perceived negatives. They spiritually protect themselves and put themselves in optimal energy through self care and meditation. Our kit has all of the tools that you need to keep yourself calm, centred and spiritually aligned. This is not a utopia, this is possible – it is only one decision away.
You're welcome x